Democratic officials in 19 states filed a lawsuit against President Donald Trump’s attempt to reshape elections across the U.S., calling it an unconstitutional invasion of states’ clear authority to run their own elections.
The Maine Attorney General also announced new litigation against the White House over its dismantling of three federal agencies.
Attorney General Aaron Frey is one of 19 attorneys general to argue that the president does not have constitutional authority to dictate election rules to the states.
Rep. Laurel Libby has been barred from speaking or voting on the House floor since last month since she was censured over controversial Facebook posts. But the Auburn Republican says that violates hers and her constituents' rights.
By Billy Kobin, Bangor Daily News Staff Maine Democrats have put forward a proposal to no longer award the state’s Electoral College votes by congressional district if Republican-led Nebraska also switches to a winner-take-all system for presidential elections.
Maine’s secretary of state is speaking out against a proposal to change how people vote in the U.S. This comes after an executive order by President Donald Trump to improve election security. The executive order requires proof of citizenship to register to vote in elections and mandates that all ballots be received by Election Day across the country.
Trump signed an executive order last week spelling out changes such as requiring government-issued ID to register to vote, as well as the completion of all ballot-counting by the end of Election Day.
The lawsuit is the fourth legal challenge against Trump's executive order on voting. The attorneys general argue the order is "an unconstitutional attempt to seize control of elections."
And I'm proud and humbled to announce that today I announced my run for governor for the great state of Maine," Bellows said to a room of family, friends, and supporters. Bellows attended Ellsworth High School,
Maine’s secretary of state is still reviewing the impact of the president’s recently signed executive order on preserving and protecting the integrity of American elections.
Nineteen Democrat-led states filed a lawsuit Thursday against President Donald Trump’s executive order requiring proof of citizenship to vote. In
Some results have been hidden because they may be inaccessible to you
Show inaccessible results